Sunday, June 21, 2009

Updates

#1) I have located two sources of food which offer items that include neither rice nor beans. Success! I ate not one bean or grain of rice on Saturday and was full as a tick. The pizza at Milan's and mishikaki (grilled meat) at Taj Mahal have ensured I will gain back any weight lost in previous weeks. I also located the aptly named "The Coffee Shop" and ordered something that more or less resembled a cappucino.

#2) Until Saturday, I had been too occupied by the threat of malaria to remember to be scared of insects & snakes. Thanks to the giant tarantula spotted in the proximity of my flip-flop clad feet, that is no longer an issue. I now scan the floor for potential threats about once every thirty seconds. After the initial threat had subsided (it ran behind the fridge), the very mean Germans took the opportunity to share every story they had collected regarding flies that lay eggs under your skin & a monitor lizard that ate their neighboors dog.

#3) I'm leaving on safari on Thursday. What a great birthday present! I'll be visiting one of the most famous game reserves in the world, including a trip to Ngorangora crater.

No comments:

Post a Comment